If you're looking for a refreshing and delicious coffee drink to enjoy on a hot day, then coffee granita is the perfect choice. This simple and easy-to-make recipe is a refreshing alternative to your regular cup of coffee and can be made with just a few simple ingredients. In this blog post, we'll show you how to make a delicious and simple coffee granita at home.
- 4 cups of strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and cocoa powder for topping (optional)
- Begin by brewing 4 cups of strong coffee. You can use any coffee beans that you prefer, but we recommend a medium to dark roast for a richer flavor.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to the hot coffee and stir until dissolved. Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the coffee and stir again.
- Pour the coffee mixture into a shallow container or baking dish and place it in the freezer. Allow the mixture to freeze for about an hour.
- Remove the container from the freezer and use a fork to scrape the frozen coffee mixture, breaking up any ice crystals that have formed. Return the container to the freezer and repeat the scraping process every 30 minutes until the mixture has a slushy, granita-like texture.
- Once the coffee granita is fully frozen and has reached the desired texture, it's ready to serve. You can top it with whipped cream and cocoa powder for an extra special touch.
- For a mocha-flavored granita, add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the coffee mixture before freezing.
- For a boozy twist, add a shot of your favorite liquor such as amaretto or Bailey's Irish Cream to the coffee mixture before freezing.
Coffee granita is a simple and delicious recipe that's perfect for hot summer days or as a refreshing dessert after a meal. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can make your own coffee granita at home and impress your friends and family with your barista skills. At Aroma Mocha Coffee Co., we offer a variety of premium coffee beans that are perfect for any coffee recipe. Visit our online store today to explore our selection and discover your new favorite coffee.